Thursday, May 8, 2008

Takin' it easy in Tokyo

So yes, we finally made it!  Nothing short of glad to know that we supposedly "survived" a brief earthquake shake this morning...hmm...8.4 on the scale? really?  Barely felt it on yet another long ride, this time on a bus to Tokyo. Speaking of rides, that 20+ hour ordeal of a plane ride from May 5-6 to Osaka, was probably my longest plane ride since well...1989...when I was headed the other way to Canada, and I was only 7 years old. :)  Glad to know I can still survive sleeping in a seated position!

Shortly after our arrival to Osaka, I got to experience some real Japanese food, sleep in my first hostel room, and take in the sights and sounds, and shopping centres of Osaka.  That was an experience on it's own.  The day was quick, but I did get my camera out for some nice shots, until my battery died, and I pouted until I got it charged :)  Oh well. Lesson learned.  Moving on...

Anyway, for those tuning in, I just wanted to take this chance to say hello and thanks to all my friends from hockey, St. Joe's, T-dot, Carter, UW, Homechurch, my family and friends, and especially to my wonderful and very supportive boyfriend, Jon, who has been with me since the start of this journey, and continues to do so via the internet and random long distance calls I'm still able to make.  Thanks everyone for all your support and prayers.  I continue to ask for them for myself and the team as we venture on with our trip!

Funny, I didn't know exactly what I was in for when I joined this group, but more and more, I can see and I'm yet to discover what God has in store.  Whatever it may be, I'm welcoming the challenge and I'm quite as excited as I am scared.  

I'll keep everyone posted! For now, enjoy the photos I've put on my facebook.  For now, take care! 

Chantal: btw, I found you some manga!



No comments: